COVID Protocol for Marching Band
Below are the districts Covid protocols was outlined in an e-mail earlier (before many of our freshman families were in the system). Please make sure your kids know what to expect.
1. All students, staff, and volunteers will be screened and undergo a temperature check when arriving on campus. If anyone answers yes to any prescreening questions, or has a fever of over 100.3 degrees, they will be sent home.
2. Mask usage is required during pre-screening and directly after rehearsal. It is optional during rehearsals, as the majority of us cannot play our instruments with a mask on.
3. No equipment is to be shared between students (flags, instruments, drill books, drum sticks, mallets, etc). Sanitation will occur with concert percussion shared equipment by students directly after usage.
4. Students must have their own personal mask, snacks, and water. During down times in practices, all are to remain socially distant and wear masks as appropriate
5. All activities are to take place outside. There will be no locker room access for students at this time. Bathroom usage is being figured out as we speak.
It is worth noting that screening will take some times. It is recommended that students show up 20-30 minutes early to insure that we can start rehearsal on time. Please make sure that you are not showing up at 8 am – please come a few minutes early to set up everything and get screened.
For band camp, there will be a screening station at the main entrance to the practice field on the south end of the building. You will have to get screened before you are allowed to enter. Parents that are driving their kids, if they do not pass screening they will be sent home. Please wait until your kid gets admitted to the practice field before you leave.